[tweetmeme source=”Joliea” only_single=false]
Remember me doing “8pm is Mexican Time!”? Well, here is part two! Its gonna be short so don’t worry.
Citizen TV has blasted us with a new soap. Fine, it ain’t that new but yeah, its here. Its called “El Nombre Del Amor” (or something like that!). Now, am not gonna pull a ‘mediamadness’ type of rant/review lest they think am stealing their show – #nooffense but al just give my 5 cents (adjusted for inflation).
Me I think I’ve had enough of these soaps. I was once a dedicated ‘soapaholic‘ and I even rushed home to be there by eight so I couldnt miss even a tad of the episode! As in seriously, naaaaoo.. is when it hits me that this bla bla bla fishcake about sijui ohh I love you alehando and ooh my ndea paroma (think of a kyuk describing it hehe!!) just is sorta kinda getting boring. The weird thing is….. I STILL WATCH!! imagine. I still get glued there to find out…
- Has paloma found out that her mother is not her mother and that her real mother is actually the one who she thought was her sister?
- Has aunt carlotta finally killed her sister because of the jealousy she feels for her for falling in love with her one true love, who is now a priest and wants to stop being one because God apparently told him that he should be reunited with his love the sister to aunt carlotta aka macarena?
- Has the guy who is inlove with paloma but paloma doesn’t love him finally given up on her or are they still plotting with paloma’s supposed best friend to bring her down because paloma is dating her best friend’s ex?
Yea. Some crazy stuff there! Actually the main reason why I watch soaps is cause of the drama involved. Its too crazy too bizzare too out of this world mpaka yani you just wanna get glued. Ask anyone, when am watching TV am glued. Don’t bother talking to me!! #Tivoholic!!
Theeeen, KTN also has a soap. A mexican soap. That airs on Satos and Sundays. Now, do you realise that all ye soapaholics will be glued at 8pm every day? EVERY FRIGGIN DAY!!
And there, we go to find out…
- Has luisa/victoria accepted to be loved all mushied by her admirer and yes love of life diego ibarra?
- Has her daughter been killed by her boyfriend alehandro’s ex?
- Has diego been killed by mr gregorio?
- Have the monteros discovered who the eff renato is?
Imagine me. Imagine! Just imagine. Then I go ahead and google “Telenovela” to find out what the eff keeps us glued to them TVs at 8pm kila siku! Enjoy!!
A telenovela is a limited-run television serial drama popular in Latin America. The word combines tele, short for television, and novela, a word that Latin literary studies associate with medium-span romances. The term can also be considered a portmanteau of television and novel. Telenovelas are a distinct genre, different fromsoap operas; for telenovelas have an ending and come to an end after a long run (generally less than one year). The telenovela combines drama with the 19th century feuilleton and the Latin American radionovela. The medium has been used repeatedly to transmit sociocultural messages by incorporating them into storylines.
Patricio Wills, head of development at Telemundo, jokingly described the basic format of telenovelas thus:
The plot is always the same. In the first three minutes of the first episode the viewer already knows the novela will end with that same couple kissing each other. A telenovela is all about a couple who wants to kiss and a scriptwriter who stands in their way for 150 episodes.
En Nombre Del Amor (In the Name of Love) was a Mexican telenovela that aired in late 2008 through mid 2009. It was aremake of Cadenas de Amargura (1991). The show was produced by Carlos Moreno, and recording began on August 4, 2008. It received attention due mainly to its cast, much of which had worked on previous Mexican telenovelas. The telenovela premiered in the United States July 7, 2009 on Univision and ended its run on March 7, 2010 in a two-hour grand finale with episodes 170 and 171 combined. A DVD of the novela was released on July 13, 2010.
First billing cast:
- Victoria Ruffo is Macarena Espinoza de los Monteros† (Sister of Javier and Carlota. Real mother of Paloma in secret. In love with Cristóbal. Killed by Carlota )
- Arturo Peniche is Juan Cristóbal Gamboa / Father Juan (Real father of Paloma in secret, new priest of Real del Monte. In love with Macarena.)
- Allisson Lozz is Paloma Espinoza de los Monteros de Sáenz (Believed to be the daughter of Sagrario and Javier, but really the Daughter of Cristobal and Macarena in secret. In love with Inaki at first (until his death), then with Emiliano then dated Gabriel, in the end marries Emiliano.)
- Sebastian Zurita is Emiliano Sáenz (Son of Orlando and Diana. Dating Romina but in love with Paloma. Believed to be father of Romina’s baby so he marries Romina. But in the end, he divorces Romina and marries Paloma.)
- Leticia Calderón is Carlota Espinoza de los Monteros (Sister of Javier and Macarena, legal tutor of Paloma. Cruel and manipulative. In love with Cristóbal. Kills Iñaki, Arcadia, Alonso, Gabriel, and Macarena. Ends up in jail and in a wheelchair, entirely alone. For all the things she has done.)
- Altair Jarabo is Romina Mondragón Ríos (Villain, later good. Daughter of Camila. Friend of Paloma, enemy of Liliana. In love with Emiliano, lover of Germán. impregnated by Germán, but makes all think the real father is Emiliano and marries him. But in the end, she divorces Emiliano and agrees to start a family with German.)
- Jorge Alberto Bolanos is Samuel Mondragón – (Father of Romina. Ex-husband of Camila. Steals and commits fraud with money from other women tries to abuse Camila so Romina can give him money then gets arrested. Then he ends up in jail for fifteen years for his robbery crimes.)
NOW THATS DRAMA!!!
*Over & Out*